Employee Experience Manager
About Airbnb: Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique travel experiences around the world. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb allows people to Belong Anywhere through unique travel experiences at any price point, in more than 34,000 cities and over 191 countries. We promote a culture of curiosity, humanity, and creativity through our product, brand, and, most importantly, our people.
About Airseva: Airseva, an affiliate of Airbnb is a newly set up shared services operations company. Set up in 2017 in Gurgaon, Airseva was established to service the global Airbnb community. We are a fast-growing, up-and-coming office and home to the most hospitable people you will ever meet! Our small and extremely capable team of Gurgaon-based colleagues strive to make the impossible happen for our inbound and outbound travellers within this big and diverse market.
As the local lead of the Employee Experience Team, you will be focused on creating meaningful experiences for the people at Airseva through celebration and appreciation, communication and education, employee engagement, learning and development, as well as space and food.
The Employee Experience Manager will be responsible for overseeing all efforts related to “people, culture & climate”, including being the first point of contact for all talent related topics. You will also oversee general office operations to bolster a welcoming, positive, supportive, creative, clean and inspiring work environment for our employees.
You will be the ultimate host - anticipate needs, have a good pulse on the office and able to take action on creating initiatives that will improve morale, increase productivity, foster learning, recognize and celebrate accomplishments.
You are a natural ‘people person’, influencer and cultural ambassador; flexible, empowered and make magic happen at the drop of a hat.
Tasks & Responsibilities
Ground Control and Culture
- Overall office management and support, you are the advisor to the Country Manager and consult on ways in which to effectively run the office
- Nurture and grow the local Airbnb culture
- Create and implement unique programs that surprise, delight and inspire the team (ie. family tree, theme day ideas/participation, community service/events, engagement, etc).
- Oversee the food program including budgeting and working with local vendors to source and secure the best products available
- Be a host and a central resource for both guests and employees
- Partner closely with the regional Employee Experience team including; Ground Control, Real Estate and Facilities, Safety and Security, Food, IT, Talent and Recruiting.
- Understand and manage all vendors, negotiating contracts making sure they deliver high quality work
Internal & External Communications
- Country meetings coordination
- India newsletter
- Internal brand alignment
- Culture and Core Values Champion
- EMployment Branding
Working with other Functions
- Advising the functional heads on what is required on the ground with respect to culture and values
- Recruitment – provide a great onsite candidate experience, be an ambassador of Airbnb on behalf of the Recruiting Team
- Ground Control - Ensure global cultural initiatives and global and regional programs are executed in the local office, manage the budget, allocate and reallocate resources as required
- Food - Source new vendors and products that match and amplify our program's values and ethos. Maintain communication, updates, expectations, and credit terms with outside vendors, our internal team and ancillary support departments.
- Maintain a space that is healthy, inspiring, productive, welcoming and uniquely Airbnb.
- Work closely with regional Real Estate, Facilities and Security team on space utilization, management of Facilities vendors, office supplies, overall office infrastructure
- Be the local point of contact for building owners, managers and our appointed vendors
- Coordinate events, source vendors & venues for events
- Organize events materials and supplies inventory
- A minimum of ten years of relevant experience in a fast moving, dynamic, Office Management and Human Resources role that required projects, events management and extensive general office operations, with prior people management experience.
- We are looking for an extraordinary personality who shares our vision to build the most loved workplace to work in the world!
- You are passionate about Airbnb and frequently host our travelers or have experienced the hospitality of our community personally
- You know how to combine excellent communication and interpersonal skills in your day-to-day job. You naturally leverage proactivity, enthusiasm and organization skills to achieve your goals
- You’re a natural host and always seek ways to support others. You enjoy putting together experiences for others - planning through execution and even clean up!
- You are passionate and big on culture
- Able to juggle multiple tasks and prioritize
- You love to create; good is never good enough for you. You never get tired of process improvement and are naturally solutions orientated
- You have a university degree and is highly proficient in English
- You have a deep understanding of how businesses are conducted in India and understand it's local nuances
- Working experience in start-ups, dynamic and innovative environments is a plus
This person will be the administrative and cultural voice of India, we want someone creative, motivated, hard-working and passionate about creating a fun, lively and exciting place to work.