Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique travel experiences around the world. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb allows people to Belong Anywhere through unique travel experiences at any price point, in more than 34,000 cities and over 191 countries. We promote a culture of curiosity, humanity, and creativity through our product, brand, and, most importantly, our people.
AirSeva is the Shared Services Operations for Airbnb and is a subsidiary of Airbnb.We are looking for an experienced and motivational candidate to serve as Legal Counsel for AirSeva in Gurgaon. As the Legal Counsel for AirSeva India, you will help to support our fast-growing business. You will report to Airbnb’s Senior Counsel for India and work closely with the General Manager of AirSeva and with other members of the Airbnb Legal team. The successful candidate will be someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment and has a passion for Airbnb and our community.
- Legal support for various aspects of the AirSeva business, in particular, providing regulatory, compliance, employment, privacy and general commercial (including contracts) advice
- Effectively collaborate with cross-functional partners to provide commercially-minded and practical advice that appropriately balances legal and business risk
- Fluency (reading/writing/speaking) in English and Hindi is a must
- Qualified in India. Qualification in another major common law jurisdiction (e.g. a US jurisdiction, England, Hong Kong, Singapore or Australia) will also be highly advantageous
- At least 6 years’ post-qualification experience, including at least 3 years’ relevant private practice experience in a major international law firm or in a MNC in India
- Demonstrated expertise in regulatory, compliance and privacy laws in India and industry best practices, especially in navigating highly ambiguous situations
- Good ability to consistently deliver creative, thoughtful and business-oriented results that appropriately balance growth and risk in a fast-paced and high-pressure environment
- Be able to accommodate both domestic and international travels
- Driven, high integrity, self-motivating, adaptable, excellent judgment, strong sense of humour and love for adventure and fun