Senior Manager Workplace
About Airbnb: Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique travel experiences around the world. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb allows people to Belong Anywhere through unique travel experiences at any price point, in more than 34,000 cities and over 191 countries. We promote a culture of curiosity, humanity, and creativity through our product, brand, and, most importantly, our people.
About Airseva: Airseva, an affiliate of Airbnb is a newly set up shared services operations company. Set up in 2017 in Gurgaon, Airseva was established to service the global Airbnb community. We are a fast-growing, up-and-coming office and home to the most hospitable people you will ever meet! Our small and extremely capable team of Gurgaon-based colleagues strive to make the impossible happen for our inbound and outbound travellers within this big and diverse market.
We want you to the part of our growth story.
Senior Manager, Workplace Operations, India
The Workplace Operations Senior Manager is responsible to nurture a collaborative and supportive team environment across functions. He/She is responsible for the successful daily operations of the Airseva office(s) within their remit. This includes delivery of programs which may include:
- Space planning and space management, including strategic planning and tactical moves/shuffles
- Managing small projects including efficiency improvements, office alterations & repairs, normal moves, adds and changes
- Managing vendors including janitorial, mail/courier, landscaping, preventive maintenance, office supplies.
- Managing Hard services (HVAC, electrical, mechanical, safety)
- Establish and operate Preventative Maintenance Plans.
- Develop and implement innovative programs, processes and projects that aim to reduce both short and long term operating costs and increase productivity and longevity, for both people and systems.
- Introduce sustainability initiatives and mindset.
- Delivery of Facilities Operations projects such as refurbishments and improvements.
- Close partnership with the Real Estate & Construction team to ensure operational needs are front of mind from the moment a project is launched; be the lead Facilities member contributing the company’s office design standards.
- Managing the food program for the location.
- Advocating for the Food Program with local leadership and stakeholders.
- Ensuring the quality and control for food program
- Managing transport for the organization
- Ensuring safety and security of employees
- Manage travel time, on time arrival and comfort
- Managing vendors and routes
- Ensuring cost effective transport management
Safety & Security (including Reception services):
- Working closely with the Safety & Security Team to ensure their program is delivered successfully in the office(s).
- Acting as an onsite representative of the Safety & Security Team in times of crisis if no Safety & Security Team member is present.
- Advocating for the Safety & Security Program with local leadership and stakeholders.
- Serve as the single point of contact for all things related to office space.
- Understand our customers’ strategies and expectations and deliver a relevant solution.
Leadership & Management:
- Ensure efficient delivery utilizing an effective balance of internal employees and service providers.
- Provide leadership and guidance to both internal employees and service providers in decision-making processes that drive customer value.
- Lead, mentor, and develop team members – while respecting the subject matter expertise that they and their global team bring to the table.
- Develop and monitor operational budgets for both internal and contracted resources; responsible for operational performance of service providers.
- Accountable for budgets.
Key Performance Measurements:
- Establish a high performance and continuous improvement culture driven by key performance metrics, benchmarking and sharing of best practices.
- Ability to strategically scale the Workplace team to support future growth.
- A Bachelor Degree is preferred
- Minimum 12-14 years experience in managing a high-profile operational team within an Integrated Facilities Management environment or equivalent.
- Demonstrated ability to lead external service providers
- Strong technical knowledge of Contract Management
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Self-directed, with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to execute tasks in an efficient and timely manner
- Work effectively in a matrix organization
- Fluent in English
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills